donderdag 12 augustus 2010

It's great to be back!

Surinam rain and traffic.Palm Garden in Paramaribo
Banana trees
The view from my room
When it becomes dark dozens of frogs appear.
Fishing in the rain.
Diya fishing for the first time, and turning out to be quite good at it.Catch of the day.
Fresh fruit from the garden.
My aunt's house.The view when you walk in.Nicely decorated, it was an absolute treat to stay here.


It has been a while, and after 5 weeks it's good to be back. Surinam is a wonderful, and very beautiful country to visit. The nature is overwhelming, seeing so much green trees, fresh fruits and vegetables was something I could easily get used to. And it reminded me that we live very grey and unhealthy lives in Europe. All in a fast pace, stressing ourselves out over work, and other obligations. The people in Surinam are warm and the food is great. In the last week of my vacation I stayed at my aunt's house, another aunt. She has a beautiful home, and I was lucky enough to celebrate my birthday there. Here are some pictures to give you an impression of my visit to Surinam.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten