zaterdag 12 juni 2010

Ashton's sixpack delivers, the movie does not.


This week I went to see the new Ashton Kutcher movie "Killers", also starring Katherine Heigl and Tom Selleck as her father. Katherine meets Ashton while vacationing in Nice with her parents. They quickly fall in love and get married. Tom Selleck is the protective dad who clearly doesn't trust Ashton. And he shouldn't as his son in law turns out to be a retired spy/killer, who has to come out of retirement unexpectedly.

So there you have it, the storyline in just 5 sentences. It takes the movie 55 long minutes to get this far. I love movies, but I have never looked at my watch during one so often. It just went on and on and on. The only thing of any interest in this movie was Ashton's sixpack (yeah baby), and Tom Selleck's mustache.

Mr. Selleck actually had the most interesting role, and was most believeable as the overprotective dad. Katherine Heigl's performance was absolutely forgettable, and downright annoying. I mean haven't we already seen her play the naive pretty blond enough?

An hour into the movie, Ashton and Katherine's suburban neighbours all turn out to be killers as well, at that point I was ready to get up and leave the theatre. This storyline was ridiculous. But since I have made a commitment to myself to always sit a movie out, no matter how bad or simply annoying it is (you never know what'll happen in the end), I didn´t. I wish I had walked out, the end was actually no surprise. And all I could think of was: Ashton, Why? Why?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten